Monday, March 30, 2015

Generating Content

Throughout the week, I'm constantly thinking of topics for blog entries.  On many occasions I have had the seriously brilliant thought that I should write things up as I think of them, and then publish them when my schedule (Mondays and Thursdays) demands it.  I have yet to follow through with this genius scheme, which is why I'm sitting in bed on a Monday night, a large black and white cat headbutting my elbow for pets, trying desperately to recall the several very good blog topics I thought of earlier today.

As a smart and, in my opinion, quite funny human being, I'm often surprised by how slow and very very not funny I am on a regular basis.  There are times when I'm "on", and I know it, and I can pretty much take over and rock any given social situation.  Then there are times when I can't even serve a comeback when it's sitting in front of me on a silver platter.  Why can't I be a genius on demand, for crying out loud?  Why can't the amazing content just drip from my keyboard, like some sort of hilariously analogized tap of amazing content?

I suppose I could tell you that tomorrow morning I am going to meet with the Assistant Dean of the law school in charge of HR and lay out for him the reasons I'm quitting my job.  I'm oddly nervous about it, mostly because it's an awkward topic and I'm not sure how to say it all without getting kind of mad.  I don't want to come off like a bitter soon-to-be-ex-employee, but the whole situation has left a really bad taste in my mouth and that may wind up happening.  So disappointing, since I'm trying to maintain the moral and professional high ground here.

Then again, I could tell you about the hour and fifteen minutes I spent in a Google Hangout (what a cool system!) with some other Kaplan teachers tonight and how awesome that was.  The dude who was running it seemed like an awesomely crazy guy, which always makes me feel more confident in an organization.  If someone who is nuts can be themselves, and express that to you from a position of authority/experience, and they are happy with their history with the company, then that is a very good sign indeed.

Alternatively, I could go on a rant about how much I dislike Sansa Stark, even if I must begrudgingly admit she's growing on me just a bit.  Seriously, though, how stupid can you be?  Although I kind of love her inclusion in the novels, since she's the stereotype of a female fantasy character, and thus serves as a sort of foil or counterpoint for all of the other female characters in the books.  Which is why I am happy she's there, for all that she makes me want to tear my hair out every time I read her chapters.

But what I really want to say is that, no matter how insane my job is/was/will be, no matter my forthcoming results from the bar exam, and no matter how lame the town of Lubbock, I have the best little family ever.  Even when the Pumpkin is screaming in my ear and will not go to sleep and Paul is in the living room playing Legend of Zelda, and I am frustrated beyond compare, I can't help but be heart-burstingly in love with my Pumpkin and his daddy.  

I must have been hands-down balls-to-the-wall amazingly awesome in my past life to have earned such a sweet trip this time around.

Take care, my friends, and I'll write again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share!